Thursday, January 29, 2009

Captured


Last weekend we found ourselves at my parents house. The girls love going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. The big adventure this time: Snow. Now this snow was different, magical as one of the girls put it. It wasn't light and fluffy, nor was it the wet snowman building kind. Rather it was about 2 feet of frozen leftovers from the several feet they had in December. Slowly it had melted and then re-froze, melted a little more and then froze again. This process of thaw and freeze made the snow rock hard to walk on. They played all over the acreage without breaking through the snow once. One moment they were playing as if they were on the moon, the next it was dog sleds in the Arctic, and another they were ice queens going to the ball. Oh to be a kid again and play out the imaginations of our inner self. I was actually able to snap a couple of good pictures of the girls. They are hard to photograph. They are both pretty photogenic, however they hate to let me take their pictures. Thus the rare shot of them being agreeable during a photo shoot is... priceless... precious... celebratory... astonishing... well - you get the idea.





9 comments:

Robyn said...

very cute! Looks like you are having fun with your new camera. I can teach you how to enhance them in photoshop sometime.

Denys said...

awesome shots! Your girls are very pretty! :)

Joel said...

Nice pictures girls! Wish I was there!

Chris said...

fun, fun!! I'm glad it was warm enough to enjoy being out in the snow! I love the hats/scarves!

J. Baxter said...

Lookie at all us roomies! And your pics were very cute (and frameable) (is that how you spell frameable, or is it framable? Or, did I just make up a word?)

Give your mom and dad hugs for me! We're definitely heading to Idaho for at least a week this summer, so maybe I'll catch you?

The Larsons said...

What beautiful girls! So fun to see you blogging Angie! What a perfect post of mine for your first comment to be on... the one about LAUNDRY! :) Remind me of your and Joels last name again, so i can link to you on my blog. So fun to get reconnected!

The Fun Carter Family said...

My goodness...your girls look so much like you Angie! I see a little bit of Joel in each of them, but they both resemble you a lot!

Kreller Kaboodle said...

Hey Angie! Remember me? It's been forever! So glad to see you in the blogging world! It's nice to catch up with people! How's life? What's been happening the last 12 or so years? Your girls are beautiful!

Megs said...

Your girls are totally GORGEOUS!! But then again with you for a Mom how could it be different? :D
Love your blog, so dang cute!!! :D And I am super impressed with your mad camera skills....WOW!! What fun colors for thier hats and scarves, love it! We got a couple of inches of snow here this winter...everyone here FREAKED out! LOL, school was closed and everything! So funny, I remember that in order for school to be closed in N.Idaho a bus had to slid off the road into a ditch!!! :D Ha!! ;)