Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Subject Matter

For Christmas my dear husband completely surprised me with a new camera. I was in desperate need of an upgrade, but my 3.1 megapixel point and shoot was meeting our needs and I could get by for another year. So imagine my joy when the upgrade had come much sooner than expected. Can you say, "10 megapixels and 12x zoom baby". Now I don't really know how that rates in the world of photography and cameras - all I know is that my photo taking skills have now reached new potential and I'm pretty excited about that. So here is a shout out to the -J- man - THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

So when one gets a new camera they are eager to take some pictures. The first couple of days, it was all about getting to know the features of the camera. The next couple of weeks I spent trying to catch a good photo of my kids. This was not an easy process. After days of begging, pleading, bribing, I finally got a family member to cooperate with a photo shoot session.



Meet the family dog, "Lucky". I love this dog. Not only is she a good family friend, but she pulls me up the mountain hikes we occasionally conquer. And she loves to play fetch. And she likes our family cat. And she has practically perfect manners. And she swims with the kids... and she poses for my photo shoot sessions... and... well... she is a Labrador. Need I say more?



It may have not been the initial subject matter I was aiming for, but I must say good ol' Lucky came through for me. Now I just wish I could master the editing processes of Photoshop. That will have to be a lesson for another day. But today, I will settle for the pictures of the family dog.

4 comments:

The Fun Carter Family said...

We have a yellow lab too and I love him! He follows Tyler EVERYWHERE and he has always taken care of Tyler...he doesn't follow Whitney, but I'm convinced he can sense Tyler has autism, and it is just different. Sad part is he's 10 and it is starting to show. I'll be crushed when we loose him.

dcscrivy said...

She is pretty, doesn't need any PS, she looks alot like Bo. How exciting to get a new camera, sounds like a really nice one and judging by those pictures I am going to say that it is. Too bad those sweet girls won't cooperate.

Denys said...

Hi Angie~I must say you did get some awesome shots of your Labrador. What a good poser. :)

Joel said...

That's 12x OPTICAL zoom -- the only kind that matters!

Honestly, I don't know how we made it so long with the old one... just turrible