Thursday, January 1, 2009

In the beginning...

...I decided to blog...and then not to blog...and then blog...and well...I guess I'll blog. I created this blog page months ago, thinking "Yeah, me too. I want to blog. I can post pictures and say fun things." At my first attempt I found that I spent way too much time just putting together the layout of the blog - let alone even getting to a post of anything relevant. Blogging started to feel like "homework" of yet another project hanging over my head that I should be spending some time on. Do you know how much mental power is wasted on thinking about the things "I should be doing"? I don't know the answer to that question, but I imagine a lot of wasted energy goes into such thoughts. I envy those people who think - I am going to do this project and "poof" it is done the next day and checked off their list. This wasn't me when I created this blog. So I let the idea of blogging simmer for a few months. Then December was upon me. A new year looming - its a good time start a blog and all that it brings. I had a month to decide. My decision? I decided not to blog. And yet here I am on the first day of a new year: Blogging. This will probably be my one impulsive moment of the year. Glad you are here to witness it with me. One minute I'm checking my email, the next I'm blogging.

5 comments:

Lost in the Laundry said...

I'm so tech/blog challenged! Seriously. I had this really cute blog template/background thing going on. And then I wanted to move a couple of the items around on the blog page and wham! I hit something wrong and saved it and now I lost the "cute" factor of my blog. Not that it was that cute, but it was something. Someone help, anyone? Well, at least I posted. I'll settle for that - I posted. Have a great day guys!

Chris said...

It looks REALLY cute to me!! Good for you for blogging. Don't let it hang over your head. I actually find myself taking more pictures and thinking more of the moments that are share worthy because of our blog...but it's not for everyone. So, excellent first post, and we hope to be hearing more from you soon via your blog. By the way, Chris still wants to be your neighbor. We talked about it tonight. We wish we lived closer to you.

Robyn said...

Welcome to blogland. I think yours looks great. Cute picts of the girls too. Notice I haven't posted for a while either. blogging gets in line after my life, so sometimes a while goes by before I catch up on my blog. I think I like reading everyone else's more than writing my own, so I'm glad to add yours to my list of reading!

J. Baxter said...

So (momentarily at least) you have succumbed to The Blog. Welcome. I personally say, don't ever feel pressured to post. Just go about your business, and when something strikes you, post, but don't stress if you don't feel like it. We'll just be happy to have occassional Angie-updates!

Besides, your blog name is way too good to waste - unlike lame-o names like mine. And whatever you think, I think your blog is totally cute. Again, mine is definitely in the lame-o category here, too. You've just started, and you're already two points ahead of me! Yay Angie!

Lost in the Laundry said...

Thanks to the cutestblogontheblock.com for helping me make a cute blog. It was easy (they have simple step by step directions). I now content with the looks of my blog. On with the posting...

BTW - Thanks for all the comments. I guess this is side perk of blogging that I didn't know I'd get such a kick out of them.