Thursday, April 23, 2009

Umm....Info? Oh yeah - The Exciting Info!

First I must apologize for leaving you all hanging for so long. That was a pretty long wait. How rude of me. So I've been going back and forth on how to blog about the exciting news we have to share. Do I just blurt it out? Do I tone down the details and just give you the gist of the story? Or do I give you the play by play of how the details unfolded - its a little comical. Decisions. Decisions. Anyone that knows me knows that I can hardly make a trivial decision if my life depended on it. So to satisfy my need to get the info out there and yet to also get by without having to actually make a decision... Perhaps I'll share the news with you all three ways:

Here's the Blurt:

We're Pregnant! Baby number 3 will be joining us around October 11th. I'm about 16 weeks along and we should be finding out boy/girl mid-May.

Here's the Gist:

So this was a "surprise" for the our family. Usually some minor fertility treatment is involved with us getting pregnant. It was a bit of a shock for Angie. You see I'm a planner - Type A personality. Yeah - it took me a few days to wrap my head around it. You know when you think of your life over the next couple of years and you have your goals in mind... and then... POOF! Something changes and those goals and plans aren't a possibility until several years later. Well my "POOF" took a few days to settle in, but like I said, I'm a planner. So my plans and goals took on a new dimension. A baby changes things. But the excitement of a pregnancy and a new family member caught like fire and plans preparing for this new little one quickly filled my mind and brought joy to my heart.

Joel on the other hand was instantly excited about the news of a baby. He's a great father and he's a great father of infants! He has always felt that we could have another baby and things would be fine.

The girls? They are elated with the news. -B- (also a planner) started making comments: We need to get a room for the baby ready? Who's room is it going to be in? You know I'm a really good babysitter mom... Am I going to be able to feed it? We need to go to garage sales at Grandma's house - we don't have anything baby anymore! I love my planner of a child. She's going to be a great mom someday.

-S- on the other hand (she's my imagination child) woke up the morning after hearing the news and declared, "Mom, I had a dream last night and I know that the baby is going to be a boy and I know what he is going to look like when he's 11 years old. And when he's eleven mom, -B- is going to be 20 years old." I had to tell -S- that sounded like a great dream and we'll have to see if the baby is a boy or girl. Secretly inside - I was cringing. What! I was going to have an 11 yr. old and a 20 yr. old at the same time! This was too much reality for me. Now I know lots of people out there have 20 yr. olds and young kids at home. But lets remember - I thought my family was just going to be the two girls - 2 years apart - high school, college, missions /marriages, all happening within a few years of each other. Yep. A baby changes plans.

Here's the Details Unfolded:

So my sister says that maybe I shouldn't go into detail on this blog of how we learned that I was pregnant. So to honor my sister's advice (and to save any male readers of this blog embarrassment of "girl talk" topics) I won't give the details. But lets just say I seriously thought I had cancer or something because I was sooo not thinking "Baby" when my body was throwing out all these changes.

3 comments:

The Fun Carter Family said...

Was it anything like that day back when we were serving together? Remember you told Leppert you wanted to "rip your ovaries out." I'll never forget his reply..."I know how you feel..." CONGRATS! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear if it is a boy or girl!

J. Baxter said...

I can't believe you're robbing us of the details!!! I NEED to know - and so does your posterity. (That's what this blog is for, right?)

Forget the men and the faint-hearted, just put a too-much-info disclaimer at the top, and let people fend for themselves. This is the stuff great posts are made of!!!

dcscrivy said...

Congrats, that will be so fun, Isaac needs a little cousin to play with! Babies definitely change everything though, but always in a great way.